Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Smooth Operator

I'm on day 17 of the 28-day Engine 2 challenge and life is good. This transition has been relatively smooth and I can see myself sticking to much of the challenge guidelines after its over (I do look forward to being able to go to a restaurant without cheating on my challenge (the no oil and added salt can be a challenge).) One of my favorite things about this challenge, aside from the tasty food and health benefits, is the positive energy that's surrounding it. In my office, colleagues are following the blog and trying some of the recipes and adopting some of the lessons I'm learning themselves. At home, my fiance and I are eating more meals together that I cook. With the support from Whole Foods, we're meeting new people who are also interested in making these lifestyle changes for the long term. It's about choices and filling your life with what you want.

I woke up this morning not wanting the same old cereal blend I've been eating, so my fiance offered to whip me up what he has for breakfast instead.

Meet my fiance's "dark knight" smoothie:


Dark Knight Smoothie

2 cups light soy milk
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana (fresh or frozen)
1 T flax seed
2 cups spinach

You drink this in the morning and you've got some serious nutrients* jumpstarting your day:
324 calories
1/3 of your daily potassium
12 g of fiber (60 g of total carbs)
17 g of protein
135% daily Vitamin A
71% daily Vitamin C
100% daily Calcium
25% daily Iron
No cholesterol, 298mg of sodium, and 6 grams of fat (no trans or saturated.)
* According to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment