Friday, February 10, 2012

Mi Amor Meals


Shh, don't tell my fiance, but I'm starting to think about what to make for a romantic valentine's day dinner. One may wrongly think that eating a plant-based diet is very utilitarian: beans and rice, lentils and rice, etc. It doesn't have to be. Here's where I'm looking for inspiration for a heart-healthy, romantic dinner:

Happy Herbivore: A blog and cookbook featuring low or no-fat everyday meals. She's even got a valentine's breakfast and dessert blog up already.

Post Punk Kitchen: A blog from the author of Appetite for Reduction and many other vegan cookbooks. Her rasberry truffle brownies recipe is a serious contender for dessert.

Vegan Yum Yum: This blog and cookbook  focuses on decadent, animal free recipes. Their rustic bread and eggplant lasagna is looking mighty tasty for a main entree.

Engine 2 Diet: Technically, my challenge ends on Sunday, but I've enjoyed my experience and am hoping to keep it up.

Happy Cow: A healthy, plants only recipe resource. The avocado caprese is leading my list of appetizers.

If you want a shortcut to a meatless meal for your loved one, check out this collection of 10 vegetarian recipes from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment