Monday, February 20, 2012

I scream for ice cream!

I had today off and enjoyed the chance to catch up with a friend and cook a proper dinner. I don't know what it is about days off, but I get this strong craving for sweets. It's futile to fight the craving, so I've found a guilt-free solution: frozen bananas. You don't need anything more than frozen bananas (save yourself the time by peeling them before you freeze them) and a food processor. If you want to get fancy you can add some vanilla extract or peanut butter or whatever flavor you want your banana flavored soft-serve.

Although delicious, you can't survive on sweets. For lunch, I joined a friend at Good Earth where I enjoyed a apple and sunchoke salad with arugula, pomegranate seeds and an apple vinaigrette.

 

At lunch, I was tempted by enchiladas only to realize you couldn't get them without cheese which meant they were a no-go. So, for dinner, I made plant-based, no oil potato and kale enchiladas based on a recipe from post punk kitchen. The thing I love to do with enchiladas is pile them high with fixings: lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, onions, salsa and avocado. I also like to sing and dance to my enchilada song when I eat enchiladas. Sadly, I didn't capture that on video. I did capture this bite of tasty, tasty enchilada.



No comments:

Post a Comment