Monday, October 15, 2012

Fed Well

Truth is I did some serious damage to my thumb on the chopped challenge. I always think those contestants who cut themselves are foolish, but I didn't even have the time constraint and managed to take the idea of chopped and apply it to my thumb. Five stitches later, I've got all of my thumb and it's just a matter of healing. Typing is slow going and  hurts a little, so I'm going to keep this short.

Thanks to my generous fiance I've been well fed on the mend. He cooked up a full blown Thanksgiving feast Sunday evening and I've been enjoying the leftovers ever since. We bought a couple tofurky celebration packs after thanksgiving last year when they were on sale, so he roasted one of those with carrots, russet potatoes and onions. Even though, the tofurky roast comes with a tasty wild rice dressing as stuffing, he kindly made additional dressing per my request. The real stars though were our first of the season brussel sprouts. Man, it must be a conspiracy the bad rap these tasty little gems get. Buy them fresh (they don't need to be on the stalk, just not frozen) and roast them in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 mins with salt, pepper, garlic  and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.


www.veganmofo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment