Monday, January 9, 2012

Start Your Engine

I've never been one to diet. Maybe because my mom's favorite books were the latest fad diets or because I have the willpower of a gnat. So, imagine my surprise when I find myself enrolling in the Engine 2 28-day challenge at Whole Foods. I mean it's not a diet, but rather a lifestyle change, right?

Tonight was the orientation. Here's my honest reaction:
  • The 28 Day Meal Planner has some really tasty sounding meals; like lemon cornmeal pancakes, chili dogs and sweet potato lasagna.
  • It's really cool that Whole Foods is working with Engine 2 author Rip Esselstyn on reworking some of their products to be lower in salt and oil and higher in nutrients.
  • Keeping the mg of sodium = to the total calories in a serving is going to be hard (and yes, I did think about just greatly increasing the calorie intake to allow for more salt.)
  • Thankfully my fiance has been eating like this already so it isn't a total diet change (no way I could quit most oils, processed foods and sugars and salt at the same time as leaving meat and dairy for the first time.) 
  • This is going to be hard (yeah, I was the woman in the front row sipping on a cane sugar laden Dr. Pepper knock off during the orientation.)
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment