Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Get Your Motor Runnin', Head out on the Highway

The key is in the ignition and Engine 2 is going to start on Monday. The question is: If you had less than 5 days to get all the processed, bad for you, but oh-so-tasty food you crave in before cutting yourself off, how would you do it? What would your dream "go for broke" last meal be? I'm talking we have to retire the canned tomatoes that aren't low sodium for the Engine 2 challenge. This is no joke.

Michelle's Pre-Engine 2 Bucket List:

1. Seward Cafe's Mariachi with tofu (and white cheddar)



2. As many pastries and other sugary desserts as I can handle washed down with soy milk mochas and coke zero:


While the impending lockdown on my food options is enough to send me off the deep end (I do not handle restrictions well), I'm fortunate this last weekend of freedom coincides with our somewhat new annual "scrabble chalet" getaway weekend. A little less than a dozen of us have a tradition over Martin Luther King weekend of renting a "scrabble chalet" cabin and imbibing and enjoying mostly vegan sundries next to the fireplace with a little sledding and scrabble thrown in for good measure. In other words, enough booze and distractions to get me to my Engine 2 Challenge start day.

Last year's view of the scrabble chalet from Big Sandy Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment