Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Forward

As luck would have it, my 2nd Engine 2 28-day challenge begins on the day we "spring forward" our clocks. I can say from experience my body is looking forward to the "spring forward" that happens by treating it well and feeding it lots of veggies and whole grains and very limited salt and sugar and no oil. 



Some slight modifications to yesterday's BATO made it Engine 2 approved. I simply omitted the mayo and upped the veggie content by making it into a wrap and adding a couple handfuls of spinach. Yesterday, I ate two of those BATO english muffins, but today I opted for one wrap and added in some fruit (mango).

I'm heading out soon to stock up on ingredients for this week's meals. My fiance and I are splitting up the week's cooking responsibility, so I'm making the following:

For lunches: Engine 2 Hot Dish (they call it chili mac.) 
Monday Dinner: Whole Foods Deli during our Engine 2 check-in
Thursday Dinner: Rip's Sweet Potato Bowl

If you're looking for some inspiration of your own, check out these great resources: 

Recipes:
Whole Foods' Health Starts Here Challenge (I think they allow for some meat.) 
On pinterest, follow Engine 2 Diet's great recipes board.

Success Stories:
The Daily Beet (Engine 2's blog)
On facebook, "like"  Engine 2 Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment