Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chickpeas and Chocolate Chips?

There are some great plant-based recipes on pinterest, but today I found one from an unlikely source: my cousin. She's got a board called "food I'll never make" where she posts recipes that look good to her. The recipes range from chicken dishes to desserts. Today, she had one titled "this is HEALTHY!!!!wow" with a photo of chocolate chip cookie dough. I've been jonesing for something sweet that isn't banana soft-serve, so I thought why not check it out. To my surprise, it was vegan and I had all the ingredients in the house (except the chocolate chips.) Even more surprising, it called for chickpeas! Ok, now I have to try it.



Well, it's good...surprisingly. I substituted maple syrup for the sugar (I think that's why it looks wetter than most dough) and used Enjoy Life's mini chocolate chips which are dairy-free. I'll definitely be making this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment