Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Donut Tempt Me

Those who know me know I love donuts. I inherited my Dad's sweet tooth. Living on the East coast with a Dunkin Donuts every 2 blocks was heavenly trouble.  The Engine 2 challenge doesn't really allow for donuts given they're oily sugar bombs of refined flour with no nutritional value.  So, imagine my dread when these showed up in my office today.

Vegan donuts from The Donut Cooperative 
Add to the challenge, I got a late start this morning and ran out the door without breakfast. "Luckily", I missed my bus connection so had a half hour to kill at the coffee shop where I ordered a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and nuts. That oatmeal saved me from temptation, but I can tell you my brain was in full blown Homer mode:

My willpower won out today. Usually, it wouldn't. Maybe that's a good sign?!

No comments:

Post a Comment