Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Priorities

Last night was the first night of the March Engine 2 28 day check in with Whole Foods St. Paul. I met my fiance and a friend a little early to grab dinner from the deli. I had a delicious latin corn soup and a whole wheat roll. It was nice to go out to eat and socialize without it being the 1000+ calorie, high fat and sodium options you find at most restaurants.



My fiance asked a good question: why do I want to go to the check-ins? They're the same topics that we did in January. Last night the group tested dairy alternatives and we passed on the samples since we'd already done it. Yet, I still want to go. The reason is really quite simple. If I don't go, I don't prioritize eating this way. In the three weeks since the January challenge wrapped up, I gained over a pound and found myself grabbing unhealthy food on the go. I know I should be able to do it, and I'm hoping that maybe the second time around it will stick and I will do it myself. I just know from the experience of the past few weeks that I'm not there yet. I felt really good eating this way, and I want to get that feeling back. In the first two days, I've already lost that pound I gained and then some. By knowing the check in is happening on Monday, my eating habits get on my calendar which means during the week they get priorities they otherwise wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment