|Tofu Scramble and Tofurky Breakfast Links Samples Plate|
- Mix a box of extra firm tofu with a tetrapak of soft tofu for a softer scramble texture.
- Make a batch of tofu scramble seasoning mix and store it in the cupboard to make prep even faster
- Be patient with the stirring in the pan or better yet bake the scramble to let the tofu brown/carmelize for better flavor.
- Bonus: Tofurky breakfast links are really tasty.
Less than 5 Minute Quick and Easy Tostada (recipe) (no picture, sorry)
- Take a container of refried beans and Tofurky soy chorizo, fresh salsa and corn tortillas to work for a quick lunch. Simply spread refried beans like peanut butter on the tortilla and add some chorizo before heating in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Add salsa or other toppings and enjoy!
- Roll up a few for grab and go lunches during the week, or slice them and store in the fridge for grab and go snacks.
Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
|Don't be afraid of the rice wrapper. You can do this!|
- Use a 9x13 cake pan with cool water to soak the rice papers. Gives you room and time to reduce stress of dealing with too soft, torn wrappers.
- Make a head by a few hours to let the wrapper seal and flavors meld, but eat them the same day for freshness.
- Add Tofurky coconut curry tempeh for a protein boost.
- Alex Bury's spring roll recipe (you can sub thai basil for mint for a anise, peppery fresh addition) and Humane Society of United States' peanut sauce recipe.
Thanks to Humane Society of the United States and Alex Bury for teaching the class at Tofurkyfest. I know I learned some new things. For more recipe ideas (designed for people looking to eat less meat), check out their Guide to Meat-Free Meals.