Monday, November 26, 2012

Spud Muffin

My blog titles usually lead to audible or eye-rolling groans from my fiance. My puns can be a little corny at times. That said, this time this is really the name of the muffin I made to go with stew.



I adapted the "chive-flecked spud muffin" recipe from Robin Robertson's 1000 Vegan Recipes by switching out the chives for rosemary. Laziness meant I used yukon gold potatoes and didn't bother to peel them. Why throw away the best part (especially when that means more work)?! The muffins straight out of the oven and resting on top of the stew was reminiscent of dumplings. The next day the muffins are more straightforwardly muffins.

The stew was a riff on this recipe that I learned at a Whole Foods demonstration, except I opted for Gardein beefless tips instead of seitan. To up the richness of the beefless tips, I sauteed them in olive oil, lots of garlic and a health dose of cabernet that I cooked into a demi-glace and added to the stew. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment